Autumn 14ers

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
lcain5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Autumn 14ers

Post by lcain5 »

Can I say every single one of you is absolutely awesome! With all the negativity in the world right now I was a little hesitant to post and nervous for the feed back. Every single person who has given me advice, I appreciate all of you! It was wonderful reading all of your recommendations!!! You are a breath of fresh air and I am very grateful to be a part of this community. Now I have something to look forward too. Hopefully I can update this in the coming months with awesome 14er photos!
rtittsworth
14ers: 40 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Autumn 14ers

Post by rtittsworth »

I remember doing Huron one year when it said 1/10th of an inch of snow was forecast. by the time we hit treeline there was several inches of snow. Ended up turning around roughly 500' from the summit. That was the exception. I've been going to Colorado every September for 11 years (spending about 5 days there) and that was one of maybe 2 days that it snowed or rained while we were on the mountain. As far as shape goes, make sure you're going for a walk every day before/after work. That'll do wonders.