Missed the part about Gray's and Torrey's. If you stay at altitude for a week between climbs, and exercise whilst you are there, you might find Gray's and Torrey's combo to be easier than Sherman due to the acclimation.
Sean Nunn
Peculiar, MO
First 14er.
Forum rules
- This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
- Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
- Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
- Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
-
seannunn
- Posts: 439
- Joined: 3/6/2024
- 14ers: 54
- 13ers: 3
- Trip Reports (1)
Re: First 14er.
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
--Psalm 36:6
--Psalm 36:6
-
Olay
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 8/13/2025
- Trip Reports (0)
Re: First 14er.
Thank you for the heads up. I will be careful.
-
Olay
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 8/13/2025
- Trip Reports (0)
Re: First 14er.
Thank you for all the advise.
Hike was good, it took me 13 hrs drive to Mt Sherman trailhead, 3 hours of sleep and started daylight on Wednesday morning. A little nausea in the first hour but it got easier as I got to the top.
On Saturday , I drove up to the parking lot for Gray's and Torrey's, I arrived before 9pm and there were only 5 spots left. Started the hike by 4 am and it was great.
When I switched to Torrey, I decided to descend via Kelsoe ridge. I kept on sliding down hard as it was too loose. I would like to go up it with experienced group.
I'm hooked.
Hike was good, it took me 13 hrs drive to Mt Sherman trailhead, 3 hours of sleep and started daylight on Wednesday morning. A little nausea in the first hour but it got easier as I got to the top.
On Saturday , I drove up to the parking lot for Gray's and Torrey's, I arrived before 9pm and there were only 5 spots left. Started the hike by 4 am and it was great.
When I switched to Torrey, I decided to descend via Kelsoe ridge. I kept on sliding down hard as it was too loose. I would like to go up it with experienced group.
I'm hooked.
