Company on Pigeon and Turret on a weekday in October

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
Strugglr
Posts: 8
Joined: 10/3/2022
14ers: 58 
13ers: 68
Trip Reports (1)
 

Company on Pigeon and Turret on a weekday in October

Post by Strugglr »

I'm looking for a climbing partner for Pigeon and Turret in the next couple of weeks before it gets too snowy. I plan to start at the Purgatory Flats Trailhead, hike into the basin that day and camp at Ruby Lake. That's a 13 mile day with packs. I could be talked into North Pigeon Creek basin if that is short/better. I don't know those basins except Chicago. Then on day 2 summit both peaks (7-8 miles) and hopefully hike back out (13 miles but mostly down). If that is too ambitious on summit day, I plan to bring enough food to camp one more night, probably at lower elevation. I am free most weekdays so I can wait to go in a good weather window. I pack pretty light and move fairly quickly but can be convinced to slow down as long as it means minimal hiking in the dark. For experience and speed reference I have done 91 Centennials and did North Maroon in 6 hours this past Saturday.