Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jorts wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:34 pm
Constructive criticism: The text over the image is impossible to read.
Fixed. I added a light/dark theme based on user preference and I didn't realize the opacity was allowing the background to come through. To be honest, I was unable to duplicate it — but I admit that I've been focused on getting the data correct.
Regarding LLM, now I understand, she was asking me a question I had already answered. That's what threw me off — she was using different terminology to ask a question I have answered multiple times.
Thanks for your support!! The number of people who have contributed, and the messages I've received from members is truly amazing.
A minor nitpick: Steve Gladbach died on Thunder Pyramid, not Pyramid Peak. I don't know if you want to expand your scope to nearby mountains or just high Colorado peaks in general, although that might be useful. https://publications.americanalpineclub ... nd-Unroped
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
Would you include traffic accidents on Pikes Peak or Mount Blue Sky/Evans? There have been a couple of deaths of motorcyclists competing in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in that past 10-15 years.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump