LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
Chicago Transplant
Posts: 4121
Joined: 9/7/2004
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 701 46 36
Trip Reports (66)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by Chicago Transplant »

SnowAlien wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:30 pm
hr011242 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:46 pm There’s some interesting dialogue here!

Some of these places are my favorites in memory, and I’d rather go revisit them than tackle every 12er on a list. That’s just me and I’m not hating on anyone who wants to climb the planet, but I digress. I also can’t wait to snowboard down Ski Hayden regardless of its peak or non-peak status because it looks fun!
totally! I'd rather do 13er repeats than dive into a new 12er list. Besides, after closely following KevinB and SarahT shenanigans, some of these 12ers look pretty darn challenging. SkiHayden been on the list for 5 years at least, but we have stopped having winters. :(
Anyways, yahoo for mountains!! (But slinging actual curses to Yahoo Mountain.) :wink:
Darn, y'all are scaring me with this one.
I love my repeats haha, I probably would have finished faster if I didn't. People listen to the same songs, eat at the same restaurants, ski the same runs - so why wouldn't we repeat the same peaks! Plus too much private property on the 12ers to want to mess with that list

Yahoo is easy, it's just a bump in between Hermit and Eureka that is easier to go around than over so a lot of people pass below it without tagging it.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
User avatar
Chicago Transplant
Posts: 4121
Joined: 9/7/2004
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 701 46 36
Trip Reports (66)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by Chicago Transplant »

bdloftin77 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:00 pm Format is: summit lat, summit lon, ID, prom, ele, saddle lat, saddle lon, saddle ele.

Lat Lon ID Prom Ele sLat sLon sEle
38.73509 -106.31244 1000001 296 13315 38.73605 -106.31040 13019
I had always wondered about this one, I've done it twice and it had map prominence of 279, just short of being an old school softie. Certainly felt like a peak reclimbing it to get back to Poplar Gulch trail.
https://listsofjohn.com/mapf?lat=38.735 ... 15&d=y&d=r
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
User avatar
HikerGuy
Posts: 1543
Joined: 5/25/2006
14ers: 58 
13ers: 591 8
Trip Reports (9)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by HikerGuy »

Chicago Transplant wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:06 pm
bdloftin77 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:00 pm Format is: summit lat, summit lon, ID, prom, ele, saddle lat, saddle lon, saddle ele.

Lat Lon ID Prom Ele sLat sLon sEle
38.73509 -106.31244 1000001 296 13315 38.73605 -106.31040 13019
I had always wondered about this one, I've done it twice and it had map prominence of 279, just short of being an old school softie. Certainly felt like a peak reclimbing it to get back to Poplar Gulch trail.
https://listsofjohn.com/mapf?lat=38.735 ... 15&d=y&d=r
Yep, this one is on my personal list of unranked peaks as "Coal Camp Peak", definitely feels like a peak when going over it twice.

13,369 southeast of Tijeras is another of my personal unrankeds. Have not checked yet to see if it's in Ben's list.
User avatar
bdloftin77
Posts: 1442
Joined: 9/23/2013
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 99
Trip Reports (2)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by bdloftin77 »

HikerGuy wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:11 pm 13,369 southeast of Tijeras is another of my personal unrankeds. Have not checked yet to see if it's in Ben's list.
Yep! I believe it’s this one.

37.91728 -105.52834 1000043 253 13354 37.91790 -105.53469 13101
Garrett
Posts: 157
Joined: 9/17/2007
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 788 34
Trip Reports (0)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by Garrett »

I met Ben and Whiley for the first time on 13626 up the ridge from “Coal Creek Peak”. We hiked that ridge together for a while. Ben and I definitely chatted about it seeming like a peak for not being on the list when we were up there so cool to see that one pop up.

Also looking forward to repeats. There’s so many peaks you do early on and don’t go back to for a while. Excited to revisit many places and do different routes.
User avatar
HikerGuy
Posts: 1543
Joined: 5/25/2006
14ers: 58 
13ers: 591 8
Trip Reports (9)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by HikerGuy »

bdloftin77 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:48 pm
HikerGuy wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:11 pm 13,369 southeast of Tijeras is another of my personal unrankeds. Have not checked yet to see if it's in Ben's list.
Yep! I believe it’s this one.

37.91728 -105.52834 1000043 253 13354 37.91790 -105.53469 13101
That's it. I just mapped all the points, https://caltopo.com/m/0FF944G. Should be fun to browse through these!
User avatar
bdloftin77
Posts: 1442
Joined: 9/23/2013
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 99
Trip Reports (2)
 

Re: LoJ unranked 13ers not on 14ers.com

Post by bdloftin77 »

HikerGuy wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:53 pm That's it. I just mapped all the points, https://caltopo.com/m/0FF944G. Should be fun to browse through these!
One of them is near Pikes Peak, on the ridge on the other side of the highway from Devils Playground. One of the few I’ve done!