Help Build a Record of Fatalities on Colorado’s 14ers

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
HikerGuy
Posts: 1546
Joined: 5/25/2006
14ers: 58 
13ers: 595 8
Trip Reports (9)
 

Re: Help Build a Record of Fatalities on Colorado’s 14ers

Post by HikerGuy »

I think it's time for this thread to be deleted.
User avatar
Gulf_Coast_Hiker
Posts: 233
Joined: 5/29/2020
14ers: 25 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)
 

Re: Help Build a Record of Fatalities on Colorado’s 14ers

Post by Gulf_Coast_Hiker »

HikerGuy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:44 pm I think it's time for this thread to be deleted.
+1000
User avatar
CheapCigarMan
Posts: 651
Joined: 12/10/2014
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 161 2
Trip Reports (1)
 

Re: Help Build a Record of Fatalities on Colorado’s 14ers

Post by CheapCigarMan »

HikerGuy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:44 pm I think it's time for this thread to be deleted.
Yes. Agreed.

Many a threads on this forum have gone awry. Many differences and differing points of views expressed. Many a sh*t show. But non have been as distasteful and irreverent as this one.
I should be on a mountain
User avatar
ekalina
Posts: 369
Joined: 8/10/2014
14ers: 23  1 
13ers: 55 7
Trip Reports (1)
 

Re: Help Build a Record of Fatalities on Colorado’s 14ers

Post by ekalina »

CheapCigarMan wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:35 pm
HikerGuy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:44 pm I think it's time for this thread to be deleted.
Yes. Agreed.

Many a threads on this forum have gone awry. Many differences and differing points of views expressed. Many a sh*t show. But non have been as distasteful and irreverent as this one.
I had the same thought. Oftentimes the squabbles are humorous, and I usually learn something along the way. This one just felt spiteful, and it was sad to see someone who had so little empathy. I appreciate the others in this thread who tried to offer the OP an empathetic perspective.
User avatar
Mtnman200
Posts: 1235
Joined: 9/26/2012
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 472
Trip Reports (85)
 

Re: Help Build a Record of Fatalities on Colorado’s 14ers

Post by Mtnman200 »

HikerGuy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:44 pm I think it's time for this thread to be deleted.
I agree with Troy. Bill, please put this thread out of its misery.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner