Mountaineering partner or mentor connection

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BODEN56
Posts: 1
Joined: 10/4/2026
Trip Reports (0)
 

Mountaineering partner or mentor connection

Post by BODEN56 »

Hey everyone,
I recently completed Handies Peak (my first 14er) and completely fell in love with being up in the mountains. I am looking to find a reliable partner or mentor who can take me under their wing so we can climb mountains together.
I know I have a massive amount to learn and I am incredibly humble about my current experience level. To make sure I am a safe partner, I am investing heavily in formal education this spring. I am currently registered for outdoor mountaineering classes in April/May 2027 and avalanche safety class. I plan to do at least one or two class 2 snow routes in May/june.
Located within pikes peak area can travel to anywhere in Colorado
User avatar
nyker
Posts: 3570
Joined: 12/5/2007
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)
 

Re: Mountaineering partner or mentor connection

Post by nyker »

Congrats on Handies and your first 14er! That's great you signed up for some intro mountaineering classes and in Spring snow. You'll get started with the right basics. Tons of info in the forums here, so spend some time and ask any questions. Lot of collective knowledge on this site.