CR Request

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6779
Joined: 7/25/2004
14ers: 58  47  19 
13ers: 174 45 37
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

blazintoes wrote:Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:59 am Will “likes” happen someday?
As long as I get to include “Dislikes” 8)
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
User avatar
supranihilest
Posts: 967
Joined: 6/29/2015
14ers: 58  45 
13ers: 752 2 8
Trip Reports (122)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by supranihilest »

Also dig the new list page, very nice as someone who often reads CRs even when they aren't directly relevant to me. Can we get a cookie that remembers the last selected view? It defaults to the 14ers CR page each time I load the page, which I personally don't care about. I have to select the list view each time I go to the page. Having it load the most recent view would be great! Thanks for the continuous improvements to the site, Bill!

Edit: bring on the dislikes! 8)

Edit 2: also, would it be possible to add a "range" column on the list view? It's hard to remember which unnamed peak and letter is in which range, or maybe I'm just a dolt. That would be very helpful when assessing conditions across a whole range.
User avatar
Geckser
Posts: 50
Joined: 9/3/2019
14ers: 58  10  12 
13ers: 381 52 37
Trip Reports (3)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by Geckser »

Awesome work Bill, the new display looks great. I do agree with Blazintoes, it would be great to give a cool conditions report a +1.

Once again thanks for the update, and for running such a great site. I will have to get a couple of tshirts when they next come available.
User avatar
edmdais1
Posts: 45
Joined: 10/27/2020
14ers: 40 
13ers: 72
Trip Reports (0)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by edmdais1 »

Sbenfield wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:56 pm We really just need a summit register condition report section
Yes!!! I always put summit register conditions when I log peaks on LOJ. It would be great to have that here too.
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6779
Joined: 7/25/2004
14ers: 58  47  19 
13ers: 174 45 37
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

supranihilest wrote: ↑Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:04 am Also dig the new list page, very nice as someone who often reads CRs even when they aren't directly relevant to me. Can we get a cookie that remembers the last selected view? It defaults to the 14ers CR page each time I load the page, which I personally don't care about. I have to select the list view each time I go to the page. Having it load the most recent view would be great! Thanks for the continuous improvements to the site, Bill!

Edit: bring on the dislikes! 8)

Edit 2: also, would it be possible to add a "range" column on the list view? It's hard to remember which unnamed peak and letter is in which range, or maybe I'm just a dolt. That would be very helpful when assessing conditions across a whole range.
Yes, yes, and yes. See how eager I am to work after a few days of camping & fishing!
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
User avatar
headsizeburrito
Posts: 194
Joined: 8/22/2020
14ers: 35  24 
13ers: 97 5
Trip Reports (8)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by headsizeburrito »

Nice improvements, thanks as always for the work, Bill!

I agree that some kind of recognition system for CRs would be nice. It's a valuable way people can contribute to the community, but currently only posts and TRs are recognized in that way.
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6779
Joined: 7/25/2004
14ers: 58  47  19 
13ers: 174 45 37
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Change the following this morning:
1) added a "Range" column
2) the page now remembers your page filters until you end your session (close the browser)

When I have more time, I'll adjust the colors and activate LIKES/DISLIKES
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6779
Joined: 7/25/2004
14ers: 58  47  19 
13ers: 174 45 37
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I activated Likes/Dislikes for Peak Condition Updates.

You'll notice I used green and red boxes with white numbers to show the likes vs. dislikes. I also changed this on the main Trip Reports list page to make the like info more readable.

I'll add L/D for trailhead status updates as well...
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6779
Joined: 7/25/2004
14ers: 58  47  19 
13ers: 174 45 37
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Another thing I fixed - If you were in a Trip Report and clicked like or dislike and then clicked the back button in your browser it wouldn't take you anywhere so you had to hit it again. I'm sure someone noticed this but I didn't see it until I was testing these changes. Now, if you like or dislike a TR or condition report, the back button will work on one click/tap. :) It's the little things.
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
User avatar
blazintoes
Posts: 380
Joined: 9/4/2012
14ers: 58  58 
Trip Reports (22)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by blazintoes »

Just clicked my first like.
We are spoiled!
User avatar
supranihilest
Posts: 967
Joined: 6/29/2015
14ers: 58  45 
13ers: 752 2 8
Trip Reports (122)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by supranihilest »

These features rule! I give them all a big like, thanks Bill!

A strange thing that's happening on the CR list view, when I click on one of the CRs the link doesn't change color to gray to indicate I've looked at that CR. It does change color on the home page "Recent site activity" bar. Has anyone else had this happen?
User avatar
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Posts: 6779
Joined: 7/25/2004
14ers: 58  47  19 
13ers: 174 45 37
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: CR Request

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

supranihilest wrote: ↑Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:04 am These features rule! I give them all a big like, thanks Bill!

A strange thing that's happening on the CR list view, when I click on one of the CRs the link doesn't change color to gray to indicate I've looked at that CR. It does change color on the home page "Recent site activity" bar. Has anyone else had this happen?
Glad you like the updates. I'll check on the visited link coloring...
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.