This might be silly but I wish there was a way to ‘like’ someone’s conditions report.
i.e., wildernessjane just posted a great CR on McHenrys and I have nothing helpful or constructive to say because she nailed it therefore I would like to give a like.
CR Request
Forum rules
- This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
- Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
- Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
- Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
-
blazintoes
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 9/4/2012
- 14ers: 58 58
- Trip Reports (22)
-
JQDivide
- Posts: 1388
- Joined: 6/25/2007
- 14ers: 58 33
- 13ers: 126 1
- Trip Reports (66)
Re: CR Request
You could leave a comment with warm and loving words to foster positive feelings and great appreciation for others to take note of the original report.
Or maybe Bill could add a like button.
Joel
Or maybe Bill could add a like button.
Joel
-
CaptainSuburbia
- Posts: 1198
- Joined: 10/7/2017
- 14ers: 58 42
- 13ers: 168 10
- Trip Reports (64)
Re: CR Request
I've been wanting to request this for awhile now. Glad you did!blazintoes wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:06 am This might be silly but I wish there was a way to ‘like’ someone’s conditions report.
Also, would be nice to see how many comments a CR has like we can see for trip reports.
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Save the big cats
You can strike anywhere
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
Save the big cats
You can strike anywhere
-
cloudkicker
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 5/21/2015
- 14ers: 58 10
- 13ers: 244 15
- Trip Reports (6)
Re: CR Request
If we’re on the subject of CR requests, I’d love an expanded view of the front page CR list (chronological format, newest on top). Hunting for new CR’s by color coding on a page showing all 700 13ers is difficult for me. The front page CR list is awesome but there are so many CR’s that they push other recent reports off the list rather quickly. Would be amazing to see the same front page list style but expanded on its own page.
I always said I’d donate before offering site suggestions so I’ll get a donation in later this week.
I always said I’d donate before offering site suggestions so I’ll get a donation in later this week.
-
mindfolded
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 9/15/2017
- 14ers: 58 4
- 13ers: 43 3
- Trip Reports (0)
Re: CR Request
+1cloudkicker wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:13 am Hunting for new CR’s by color coding on a page showing all 700 13ers is difficult for me. The front page CR list is awesome
Also the red font for a conditions report does not indicate that it is fresh. It seems like an error and therefore is an older report. I feel green > yellow > red would be sensible colors for 5, 10 and 30 respectively (and respectfully).
-
ScottLovesRMNP
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 3/11/2016
- 14ers: 58 7
- 13ers: 393 4
- Trip Reports (1)
Re: CR Request
As a red-green colorblind person, I would prefer to keep the blue as one of the colors! Haha!
Re: CR Request
We really just need a summit register condition report section
-
zootloopz
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 8/26/2019
- 14ers: 58 2
- 13ers: 208
- Trip Reports (5)
Re: CR Request
cloudkicker wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:13 am Would be amazing to see the same front page list style but expanded on its own page.
Yesss I would also vote for this to be a thing thank you Bill for the potential consideration.
one step at a time // you are exactly where you need to be in this moment
IG @roughlysomewhere
IG @roughlysomewhere
-
BillMiddlebrook
- Site Administrator
- Posts: 6779
- Joined: 7/25/2004
- 14ers: 58 47 19
- 13ers: 174 45 37
- Trip Reports (5)
Re: CR Request
While camping at Elevenmile this morning I updated the main conditions page to have an additional display option. Check it out!
The new option just shows the most recent 200 reports but I'll add more options and spiffy it up a bit when I get home.
https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_main.php
Thank you for the suggestions
The new option just shows the most recent 200 reports but I'll add more options and spiffy it up a bit when I get home.
https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_main.php
Thank you for the suggestions
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
-
HikerGuy
- Posts: 1543
- Joined: 5/25/2006
- 14ers: 58
- 13ers: 591 8
- Trip Reports (9)
Re: CR Request
This is excellent! Thanks, Bill. I also like seeing which reports have comments. As for the colors, I like red as most recent and blue as oldest. Those make sense like a heat map. Maybe yellow instead of green for the colorblind users, although the new sort kind of takes care of that problem.BillMiddlebrook wrote: ↑Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:29 am While camping at Elevenmile this morning I updated the main conditions page to have an additional display option. Check it out!
The new option just shows the most recent 200 reports but I'll add more options and spiffy it up a bit when I get home.
https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_main.php
Thank you for the suggestions
-
BillMiddlebrook
- Site Administrator
- Posts: 6779
- Joined: 7/25/2004
- 14ers: 58 47 19
- 13ers: 174 45 37
- Trip Reports (5)
Re: CR Request
Fascism, xenophobia, racism, and ignorance are not inevitable—they are choices. And so are compassion, understanding, and justice. Educate yourself and choose better.
-
blazintoes
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 9/4/2012
- 14ers: 58 58
- Trip Reports (22)
Re: CR Request
Will “likes” happen someday?
