Rocky Mountain National Park - Timed Passes

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
Vasqujg
Posts: 4
Joined: 9/21/2022
Trip Reports (0)
 

Rocky Mountain National Park - Timed Passes

Post by Vasqujg »

I am trying to do a 14 Mile Round trip hike of the Mummy Range. Want to start at 4 or 5 AM.

But the passes don't start until 9 AM and those are sold-out.

Can I show up at 5AM without a pass and just do my thing? The park is open 24 HRs and I have the National Park Pass. $80 bucks for the year.

By the way, the campsites are also sold out through October it seems.
User avatar
madbuck
Posts: 1018
Joined: 6/16/2009
Trip Reports (6)
 

Re: Rocky Mountain National Park - Timed Passes

Post by madbuck »

Vasqujg wrote: ↑Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:17 pm Can I show up at 5AM without a pass and just do my thing? The park is open 24 HRs and I have the National Park Pass. $80 bucks for the year.
Yes! You can show up anytime before 9am or after 2pm in all parts of the park, except for Bear Lake corridor, which requires timed passes from 5am-6pm.
Have fun!