With a forecast calling for a socked in summit with no views other than that of their partners, two lunches (Stephanie) and madmattd (Matt) forged on anyway and summited their last 14er on Wetterhorn on Saturday!!
Ok, that wasn't the forecast, but, it's essentially what we had!
Great day out with a fun crew!
To Matt and Steph...great job following through on your goals, even if at times you weren't sure or even knew if you would do them all.
It's been a pleasure getting to know both of you, and I look forward to more summits together!
Two hiking partners that met and joined forces to summit peaks together due to meeting at a fall gathering....
The summit gang!
All blue sky for all of 5 minutes immediately after leaving the summit....
14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Forum rules
- This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
- Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
- Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
- Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
-
d_baker
- Posts: 3315
- Joined: 11/18/2007
- 14ers: 58 17
- 13ers: 397 13
- Trip Reports (59)
14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Congratulations, so happy we could join you for your finishers.
Consecutive months with at least one 13er or 14er: 103 months.
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
congrats! wetterhorn is a great one to finish on too
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Yeehaw kiddos! Congrats to you both. Sorry I couldn't be there for your moment of triumph but I'm glad the weather and conditions allowed for you to finish. Beers on me next time I see you two!
-
HikerGuy
- Posts: 1546
- Joined: 5/25/2006
- 14ers: 58
- 13ers: 596 8
- Trip Reports (9)
-
Mtnman200
- Posts: 1235
- Joined: 9/26/2012
- 14ers: 58 1
- 13ers: 472
- Trip Reports (85)
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Congratulations on completing the Colorado 14ers, Stephanie and Matt! Wetterhorn is a nice finisher.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
-
daway8
- Posts: 1709
- Joined: 8/24/2017
- 14ers: 58 31
- 13ers: 187 30
- Trip Reports (86)
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Congrats again on the finish - I was glad I could help y'all with Little Bear and it was fun to be able to join you for your finisher on Wetterhorn, with bonus points for adding Matterhorn to the day! Great fun around the campfire at Mill Creek afterwards as well!
-
seannunn
- Posts: 439
- Joined: 3/6/2024
- 14ers: 54
- 13ers: 3
- Trip Reports (1)
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Awesome work.
I have seen many posts by twolunches (or maybe I just remember the unusual moniker) and I assumed you were a finisher a long time ago.
If you ever want to reveal the story behind the name to us all, feel free.
Sean Nunn
Peculiar, MO
I have seen many posts by twolunches (or maybe I just remember the unusual moniker) and I assumed you were a finisher a long time ago.
If you ever want to reveal the story behind the name to us all, feel free.
Sean Nunn
Peculiar, MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
--Psalm 36:6
--Psalm 36:6
-
Ed_Groves
- Posts: 288
- Joined: 6/6/2019
- 14ers: 39
- 13ers: 12
- Trip Reports (5)
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Congratulations to both Stephanie and Matt! Awesome work and what a fun mountain to finish on!
"Education is the process of moving from cocksure ignorance to thoughtful uncertainty." (Utvich)
-
Will_E
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 8/13/2018
- 14ers: 58 58
- 13ers: 524 109
- Trip Reports (23)
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Congrats! The only thing better than 2 lunches is if they’re both Chipotle!
-
ekalina
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 8/10/2014
- 14ers: 23 1
- 13ers: 55 7
- Trip Reports (1)
Re: 14erz finishers: madmatt & two lunches!
Congratulations to you both!! 
